Sunday, May 30, 2010

Nursing Pads

On my quest to make as many things as I can before the baby is born... I ran into a little brick wall. You see... I've never been much of a seamstress and so I hadn't used my sewing machine in a long time. When I got it out to start sewing, I couldn't find the foot pedal anywhere! It's probably under my house in a box or something.

This sat me back for a couple of weeks, but then I finally decided to just go out and get a new sewing machine. I just bought a simple one; so it wasn't too expensive, but it has everything I need for now.

Since then I have been sewing up a storm!

My Mom sent me a link for an easy pattern to make nursing pads. I thought it was such a great idea. Then I won't have to keep buying the disposable ones.

They turned out to be really easy. All you need is some fleece and some flannel. You cut the material into circles the size of CD's and then you sew together three pieces of flannel on top of one piece of fleece.


I made ten pairs for myself. I figured they would last me for 5 days at a time.

To see a more detailed description of how to make these nursing pads, click here.

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job! You should show all of the other things you've been sewing.

    ReplyDelete